|| Safety Coordinator
||Manufacturing – Plant
We are currently hiring for a Safety Coordinator who will also be a Support Team Member for the Human Resources Department. The Safety Coordinator is responsible for GYCB’s employee safety programs and will demonstrate an excellent safety behavior and attitude. Duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance and direction for the implementation and operation of the organization’s safety procedures
- Conduct pre-employment and random drug screenings
- Thoroughly document all incidents/accidents that occur on company property; includes taking witness statements, providing photographs and recommendations to eliminate a recurrence
- Transport employees for medical attention when work related injuries occur
- Conduct new hire safety training to cover all aspects of the company health and safety plan & safe work practices
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the hazard identification and safety risk assessments
- Interact and foster positive relationships with operational personnel, senior managers and departmental heads throughout the organization/company
In addition, this role will support the HR department in record keeping, maintaining confidential files, and assisting in additional clerical work.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office components
- Knowledge of relevant safety standards and evaluation methods
- Proficiency in file management
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in diverse groups and at all organizational levels
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Starting salary is $17.00/hr
This job listing was created using Job Manager for WordPress, by Tom Townsend.